Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Liam Hugh Reilly

Hi, everyone. This is Kara, Danny's sister, and I have hijacked Rachel's blog. I'm so pleased to announce that "Little" Liam is finally here. And I use the term "little" VERY loosely. He weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 9 oz. and is 20" long. Danny told the surgical team that Liam's high birthweight is due to the nature of his very large boy parts. Typical Danny. I had given Liam some newborn jammies as a gift, and he's already outgrown them. He's the first baby I've know to have hand-me-downs at birth.

Rachel is doing pretty good, but Liam was admitted into the NICU today. Because he was obviously well fed in utero, he's having withdrawals since his food supply was instantly cut off. He's having a hard time maintaining his blood sugars, therefore he's having the shakes and is unnaturally lethargic. Hopefully all the prayers on his behalf will get him out of there soon. He's such a peaceful guy.

He's just a cutie and really has his own look even though there's a slight resemblance to the girls (Bergin's nose). I guess it's just enough to reassure everyone he belongs to Rachel and Danny. I'm so excited for their family and the opportunity they have to experience this new adventure. So without further ado, here he is . . .



These other pictures were taken through a glass window. I have to say I am not a fan of the Logan Hospital. They are very visitor unfriendly.







I just love this picture of Grandma Landon. It looks like she's checking to verify Liam's really a boy, but she was really just adoring the baby feet. Doesn't everyone just love baby feet?




3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Rachel and Danny! He is a cutie! I go in tomorrow, so we'll have to get these two boys together sometime. We'll keep little Liam in our prayers. I hope the recovery goes well Rachel!

Forsberg's said...

He's so dang cute, and HUGE! Sheesh Rachel how the heck did you carry him! I'm sure everything will be great- Norah was in the NICU for the same reason- low blood sugar, not because she was huge, because she wasn't even 6 pounds. I can't wait to see him. I'll call you soon.

The Keetch Family said...

Congratulations Rach! Little boys are so fun! Love you tons!