Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We have grown

My mother and father in-law went to Ireland a few years back. They met someone there who told them about a very nice tradition that was passed on to the Danny Reilly family. They planted a tree and took a family picture by that tree every year on the same day. They were able to see the tree and their family grow. We did this 4 years ago on our anniversary. Each year on our anniversary we can take a picture and see the changes. It is amazing to look back at our first year and see the difference. Bergin was one month old. It is a fun tradition that I look forward to doing each year.

I just had to put on a few funny things the girls have said lately. Ryan is going to the same preschool that Niamh went to last year. There is a boy named Porter that was in Niamh's class. On Ryan's first day she got in the car and was so excited to tell me that "Quarter"(you'll see why I spelled it that way in a min) was in her class, and that she remembered him from Niamh's class. Later that day she said "Niamh, penny is in my class."

We have been listening to a Little People Halloween CD the past few weeks. There is a song called "Dem Bones." It is the song that talks about the leg bone is connected to the hip bone and so on. On the part that says, "the knee bone is connected to the..." Bergin always says "Niamh" because she thinks it says the Niamh bone. She was sitting up to the counter the other day and turned to me so excited and said as she was pointing to her finger "mom, dem bones." Funny girls
2007
2008
2009

2010

2 comments:

Jill said...

I always get so excited when I see that you have posted!!

You look so great in your pics. All of them! I love the year to year. That is such a great idea. Liam looks like a little man. I can't wait to hold him again.

I love love love "penny" and I love the dem bones almost as much as i love your girls. :) Can't wait to see you next weekend!!
Love you.

Rachel said...

That is such a great idea with the yearly pic. Your family is absolutely adorable. Your little guy is precious. Glad to hear things are going well with him. Your an amazing mama.