Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy day Bergi!!

What a happy and good day it was, 9-11-09. It was Bergin's birthday. We celebrated and had a great time. Bergin turned 2. She learned how to hold up two fingers and she says she is "three." I am still not sold on the "one year older and wiser too" phrase. I know she didn't realize that it was her birthday, but she did know that she was special for some reason. Grandpa and grandma Reilly came the night before her birthday and stayed the night. They stayed for a little bit in the morning, then headed home. It was fun to have them here. When she opened presents, she couldn't have been more excited. They gave her a Snow White baby and some shoes. She immediately turned into mommy mode and tried to feed her baby. As she held the bottle to the baby's mouth, she had her lips puckered. It reminded me of parents feeding their baby some baby food and taking bites into the air while giving their baby a bite. I know we all have done it at least once in our lives before we realize what we are doing. I guess that starts at a young age. Needless to say, she loves having her own baby and her own baby bottle. She tried the shoes on then wanted to see how high she could jump in them. They are both cute shoes. Mamie and gramps(Landon grandparents) had given me her presents last week. They gave her a dress for church and a little outfit which are both so cute. She got the dress early becasue she wore it to church last week. It looked so cute. Her grandparents know how to shop for here. We then opened presents from us. She did not want the girls to touch her present, and she did not want ANY help from them. We ended the night with birthday cake. The local grocery store has a program to sign up for free birthday cake, so we signed up. I told them to decorate it with girl colors since they thought Ryan was a boy and put dinosaurs all over it. It was a little funny when Ryan got her cake. She wondered why it had dinosaurs on it. Well, it was probably more Niamh wondering why then Ryan. Our neighbors came over for cake. All little girls. The boys are out-numbered quite a bit. The boys across the street got home and came over and joined us. We are blessed to have great neighbors. It was a great day. After we sang happy birthday to Bergin, I heard her singing a few minutes later, "Happy Day to Bergin." She always says Happy day for birthdays. It is pretty cute. We love Bergin. She is so much fun and makes every day a blast.






.


8 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Bergi!!

We love you so much and can't believe you are two years old already! You do talk like you're much older than two though....three probably is more accurate on that account.

Your cake is so cute! (and girly too thank goodness!)

I love the picture of her feeding her baby. She has a good example for a mommy. That's why she knows what to do.

Happy day to you, Bergi! WE love you!!!

Idaho Stoker Family said...

So cute! I love Bergin. The pictures were adorable

Broadbent Family said...

Happy Birthday Bergin! I keep forgetting how close she is to Coop. Looks like a fun party! What a cute blog...I'm so glad that you joined the blog world so I can keep up with your darling family. Your girls are just too much!! You should post pics of your house since i've NEVER seen it! Miss you guys. love you.

Love the playlist by the way.

The Keetch Family said...

Hey Reilly family! It's so fun to see pictures of your cute family. Your girls are adorable!!!! My kids would love to play with them! Keep the pictures coming!!! love you!!!

Julee said...

These are some great photos of the big 2 year old event... Happy Birthday Bergie!

Forsberg's said...

Hooray, you're a blogger!!! I swear this is the only way I can keep up with my friends so you better keep it coming! It was so good to see you and your ADORABLE girls. We need to meet in Ogden soon with Snel and get caught up! I have way to much fun with you to not get together and laugh. Love you, happy birthday to Bergin, and I agree that is the best picture of Danny I've ever seen!

Michelle said...

She is adorable!! I love the chunky monkey legs. I really need to come see you.... soon!!

Emily Andrus said...

Yay, you started a blog. It looks great! Your girls are so cute. Happy Birthday Bergin! Her hair is so long and she has changed so much. She is so cute. This will be great for us to keep in touch and for me to see pics of the adorable family.....since it takes so long for me to reschedule a phone call :)
Emily